So I was in the United states for a week for the holidays, and coming back I was treated to a very pleasant surprise .. a $800 bill from Rogers.
The culprit for such a large bill? Data roaming and voice roaming charges. I kindly called the company that I have internet, cable and mobile services in hopes that they would hear the plea of a college student. The response that I received was very blunt and didn't really solve any of my problems.
The first representative that I spoke to seemed very kind, polite and attempted to help me ... that is, until she hung up or "the call dropped" as they like to call it. She left me under the ruse that she could not "make the adjustments herself" and would need to speak to somebody. She then proceeded to put me on hold, leaving me with that annoying hold music that Rogers uses before the call "dropped.
I promptly called back, and spoke to a woman who expressed no sense of empathy and spoke very fast not really taking into regard my state of shock. She fiddled around trying to feed me the all charges are valid, pay the money, there's nothing I can do bull shit. I asked to be transferred to a manager, and after about a 10 minute hold, I was.
The manager was very upbeat .. and pretty much reiterated the previous lady's point but with a cheerier pitch. I tried asking to get the charges back dated to be charged @ .01 cents per KB as opposed to .03 cents, but was denied. I continued to bang my head against the cheery brick wall for another five minutes before ultimately hanging up and starting this blog.
I have done some calculations, and have come to the conclusion that I will make Rogers "pay" for what they have done by calling the company and speaking to the representatives for 67 hours which @ $12 will equate to $804, thus giving me the satisfaction of nullifying the measly $800 I owe.
I will post an update every single day on this blog in regards to my process and detail the various excuses that I will inevitably receive so you can ultimately prepare yourself for your battles with this media giant.
Rogers likes to change terms on customers, its apparently in the fine print. I just found out that I have to wait a total of 30 months in order to upgrade my smartphone....I've seen it go from 12 months, to 18, 24...and now fucking 30 months!!! They want me to pay $90 for an early upgrade now, and add a minimum of $25 data (I pay $10 for it now) and I have to lock my plan in for 3 more years...That would mean paying $90 bucks a month for a plan. The service sucks, got forbid you ever have to call them. Telling them you our family has a 24 year old account with them got them to budge on every other service, excluding mobile...they claim they don't have a large "margin" JOKE OF THE YEAR.
ReplyDelete